Are you looking for a new greenhouse? Now is the perfect time to start making your project a reality. With spring just round the corner you can use this time to consider the design and location of the greenhouse structure and decide what you want to grow. To help set you on the right path, we’ve laid out 5 of our top tips to consider before starting your greenhouse journey.
Top 5 Greenhouse Project Considerations
- Plan what you want to grow before choosing your greenhouse. Think about the requirements of the plants and what sort of growing environment you’ll need to create. This will ensure that you buy the right size structure and don’t run out of space – especially if you need to accommodate heating and growing accessories.
- Preview a large number of greenhouse designs – this will provide you with inspiration for your own project. There’s a lot to consider when buying a greenhouse including the size, shape and style. Our team are experts in greenhouses and will be happy to discuss any concerns you have. We have sizes to fit all in our Kew Greenhouse collection The Masson, The Crane, The Augusta, The Fortrey, The Chambers, The Burton, The Aiton, The Capel or a Custom Made Greenhouses.
- Location, location, location – think about where you want to site your greenhouse. You will need to consider the orientation, weather and practicality. Our team will help you to decide on the orientation and ensure weather conditions are factored into the structural design, but you’ll need to decide on how close or far away from the house you’ll want it. Depending on what you wish to grow, you might want it situated further from the house to provide escapism; whilst others may wish to be able to walk out their back door and harvest fresh herbs from inside their glasshouse.
- Think about the material of the greenhouse. We use aluminum in our structures to create a beautiful, durable and long-lasting structure that is virtually maintenance free. Aluminum requires none of the scraping, sanding and repainting that is required of timber structures.
- The design of your landscape – An Alitex greenhouse is a beautiful structure, so you will want to carefully consider every element of the surrounding landscape – this could be anything from the flooring and bricks you choose to the planting and borders surrounding it.
We’ve also shared more buying tips over on Wine & Country Life.
Once you have chosen your greenhouse and had it installed, your growing journey is just beginning. To make the most of your new greenhouse you need to make your think about how you are going to care for it to achieve the optimum growing environment. Have a read of our blog about Greenhouse Aftercare and Maintenance.
Start gathering inspiration for your greenhouse project by requesting our latest catalog – or get in touch to discuss your structure with our expert team.