Alitex design and build award-winning British Victorian greenhouses, creating a functional haven for plants and people.
Who are Alitex Greenhouses
Alitex are a family business who manufacture in the UK, designing and building beautiful British greenhouses for customers all over the world.
Our independent USA Representative Joe Hickson is based in Massachusetts. As part of the Alitex team his knowledge and experience allow us to provide you with a comprehensive service, regardless of where you are; be it the USA, Mexico or Canada.
Alitex has over 65 years’ experience working on both personal and professional Victorian greenhouse projects. Our history has seen us working with some of the industry’s most well-known and knowledgeable horticultural professionals, which we continue to do to this day.
Our passion for plants and sharing our experience with others takes us to horticultural events where we have won numerous noteworthy accolades, including Gold Medals and Director General Awards at the world-famous RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
Our greenhouses come highly recommended by industry experts and affluent organisations. We are endorsed by Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew – they share our passion for plants and protecting the history of gardening. Respecting Kew’s standards, we design each of our greenhouses to ensure they provide the finest possible growing environment.
We have worked hard to earn our reputation, not only for beautiful greenhouses, but also for the way in which we operate.
We devote our time and effort to pursue sustainable business practices in all areas of operation. Although the nature of our work can result in environmental impacts and pollution, we are committed to controlling and minimizing this impact.
- Continuous investigations look into how we can minimise our product’s impact on the environment throughout its lifetime
- We consider all environmental issues across all business decisions
- We actively encourage waste reduction, monitoring intuitive ways to source reusable and recyclable materials
- We promote safe and responsible disposal of all waste
- All members of the team are involved in suggestions, research and development for new initiatives to reduce our carbon footprint and create a more sustainable way of operating
With the level of engineering, strength and durability that we build into our structures, we create greenhouses that require very little maintenance ensuring that they can withstand several lifetimes of use. Discover our Kew range of aluminum greenhouses and custom-made greenhouses.